[nabs-l] Google maps and other ways to get directions between two places

Arielle Silverman arielle71 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 8 05:11:06 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I'm going to be moving to Seattle this summer, so I've been exploring
Google Maps a little bit trying to learn the layout and routes between
my future workplace and other landmarks. But I noticed that Google
Maps is different. It seems like most of the screen is taken up with a
map and all the edit boxes are gone, and links that used to appear in
the JAWS links list no longer do so. I can access the old Google Maps
on my old computer which still has IE 8 on it, but when I try to use a
newer browser, it takes me to this new Google maps that's not very
accessible.
Have you guys figured out if Google Maps is still accessible? Does it
have a basic HTML mode?
If not, what other sites or IOS apps are good for getting directions
between two places or for virtually exploring an area?

Thanks,
Arielle