[nabs-l] Problem with Email Client

Steve Jacobson steve.jacobson at visi.com
Fri Mar 21 19:02:11 UTC 2014

Helga,

Maybe you already know this, but when you first open Windows Live Mail, it usually tries to get all of your mail.
It also does some other checking as well.  When it does this, it sometimes seems to lock out screen readers.  This
can make it seem that nothing is happening.  Be sure you wait a couple of minutes before you decide to give up.
Also, if you open Windows Live Mail from the start menu, be careful to open the correct program because there are
likely several entries that start with "Windows Live."  There have been times when I have closed Windows Live and
then started it again to get it to start up, but this doesn't happen often.

I have used Windows Live for a while now, although it is not my main mail program, but I have not had to reinstall
it.  Obviously, reinstalling it to see if the problem is corrected doesn't hurt and it might even help, but it
could be you have something else happening.

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson