[nabs-l] college ebooks question

Suzanne Germano sgermano at asu.edu
Sat Mar 22 16:17:18 UTC 2014

That of course depends on the university. We have Pell grants available at
least two weeks before class starts. My DRC turns around a scanned book in
3 days but I got to a very large university.

I would think they should at least be able to get the first chapters to
students quickly.

We also were able to request books early but they would not give them to us
until we showed proof of purchase. So I requested books a couple months
before the semester started. That may have changed though because now we
have to not only show proof but also provide the book which they unbind and
scann