[nabs-l] Kindle Application

Bryan Jones opensesame at me.com
Sat Mar 22 22:37:07 UTC 2014

Hello Elif,

Yes, the Kindle application for MS Windows can be used to read Kindle books aloud, assuming the book in question is Text-to-Speech enabled as noted in the details section of Amazon’s listing for the book. You will need to install the Kindle for PC Accessibility Plug-in. Instructions can be found at the following link:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=200596280

Also, I believe  the Windows App still does not provide the same level of navigation granularity as found in the IOS Kindle App.

HTH,
Bryan