[nabs-l] Personal characteristics and traits of successful blind people

Beth Taurasi denverqueen1107 at comcast.net
Thu Mar 27 11:53:53 UTC 2014

Hi, Phil.
Let me see something here.  What I've found about the blind folks who
fail at stuff is that they have the following characeteristics: they
lack the ability to memorize bits and concepts of info, as in my last
boyfriend I had because he  had memory issues; they are passive victims
of bullying, but worse off, they exhibit problematic behavior on and
offline, which is the case with the same man; they start things, in the
case of a blind girl I met online; they do not let go of things, even
when the person has changed, as in the case of someone I know for
years.  Problematic behaviors that keep the blind back include charming,
seducing, then abusing; lack of social skills training; lack of
discipline and centrality; lack of understanding of different people,
etc.  The best characteristics that blind people have that give them
success is consideration, caring for others, and a general
characteristic of all people who are successful is the people with
empathy.  Empathy, I have found, really works on people.  I am a whole
lot more empathic to people's needs than a lot, and I don't mean to
brag.  But that's just me.
Beth