[nabs-l] Personal characteristics and traits of successful blind people

Darian dsmithnfb at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 21:12:51 UTC 2014

I agree that's success first needs to be defined before you can get to determining if someone is in fact successful.
I however don't think that the buzzwords are pointless, because we use them and assign them meeting so they must be significant somehow.
Many people (blind and sighted) have a difficult time defining success for themselves because they are often bombarded with what society sees as successful.
But, if you'll indulge me (guess you kind of have no choice because you are   reading this message, so you're kind of already indulging me)
I think that, while success is ultimately viewed differently, we superficially view success as being happy, confident (self-assured and so on).  People generally want something that is truly meaningful/fulfilling that occupies there time, friends and loved ones who share in and enhance their happiness and fulfillment, and some degree of security/comfort. If we achieve this, we feel pretty happy about ourselves or… Pretty successful in getting what we  wanted.
That's my thoughts.

This electronic message has been brought to you by my mobile device.

>>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nabs-l_nfbnet.org/justin.williams2%4

>>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nabs-l_nfbnet.org/kaybaycar%40gmail.