[nabs-l] Correction to 2014 nabs mentoring program announcement

Mary Fernandez trillian551 at gmail.com
Wed May 7 13:17:01 UTC 2014

All,
Yesterday I sent out an announcement for the 2014 NABS mentoring
program. Our first meeting will be held Tuesday July 1 at 6 pm (the
first day of convention). I apologize for the confusion. Below is the
corrected announcement.
Thanks.
The 2014 NABS MENTORING PROGRAM!

Students, young professionals, successful blind adults, ambitious young
adults, listen up, this one is for you.
For the second year, NABS will be sponsoring a mentoring program which
will kick off during the 2014 convention, and build relationships
which will hopefully last a lifetime.
What: Blind students and professionals in the student's field of
interest will be matched.
When: On July 1st at 6:00 pm, we will hold our introduction
meet-and-greet, which
will be filled with fun games, and activities to kick off the
mentoring relationship.

Who: Blind students and first time convention attendees will be
mentees, blind professionals, and seasoned convention attendees will
serve as our mentors.
How: If you'd like to participate as a mentor or mentee, you simply
have to fill out a five minute form, which the committee will review.
For mentors go to:
http://nabslink.org/content/mentor-form
For mentees go to:
http://nabslink.org/content/mentee-form
These links can be found in the
nabslink.org
 website.

The only way we can have a successful program is by having mentors and
mentees, so come one and come all! Spread the word! See you in
Orlando!

--
Mary Fernandez
"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will