[nabs-l] Languages

Carly Mihalakis carlymih at comcast.net
Thu May 8 01:14:28 UTC 2014

Good afternoon, Sami,

         Personally, as a pre-teen, I became quite intrigued by a
"tonal," monosyllabic nature of such languages as Thai and
Vietnamese, that is, each word expressed has a different meaning
depending on which tone to which it happens to be attached.  in the
case of Chinese, 5 tones and in the case of such languages as Hmong
which has 8 tones I believe, or Vietnamese, 6 tones. If you per sue
this study you will learn all the tones and more importantly, how to
attach them to the monosyllables. I found then and still find
arrangements of such languages particularly pleasing to the ear,
although that is not a prevalent finding of most Westerners.
Keep us posted, Sami. Feel free to call: 408-209-3239
for today, Car

   nature of such languages as Vietnamese and Chinese which, many
westerners tend to deride the sound of such languages for its