[nabs-l] representing blindness on an aplication

minh ha minh.ha927 at gmail.com
Sat May 10 03:16:06 UTC 2014

I sort of agree with what Joe said. The fact that blindness is the
biggest challenge in your life could bring up some questions as why
that is, but each person's situation is different and none of us can
tell you otherwise. Personally I don't often talk about blindness as a
challenge because I face bigger hurdles in my life, but you can
definitely paint blindness as a challenge in a positive light. Talk
about how your blindness has taught you to be more empathetic and
compassionate towards others due the prejudices you have face.
Describe the advocacy skills you have learned because of blindness.
People reading applications don't really want to read a sob story, but
they love it when essays can show how they overcome their
difficulties.

Minh