[nabs-l] SAT prep class district support

Vejas via nabs-l nabs-l at nfbnet.org
Sat May 17 22:02:22 UTC 2014

Hi All,
I am taking the SAT in 3 weeks, and to help me get ready, am
taking an SAT Prep Class.
- Have any of you also taken a Prep Class?
- How did you get the Prep Class materials in an accessible
format?
- Did the school or VI program help with the brailling of text
and embossing of diagrams, or did you hire a reader and do it
verbally?
- Did you end up needing to find a non-district transcriber to
braille the test and emboss the diagrams?
- Our local VI program has chosen to view the SAT Prep Class as
"extracurricular" and is unwilling to provide transcriber
support.
I would really appreciate hearing all of your stories, whether
positive or negative.
Thanks so much.
Vejas