[nabs-l] Bug in Google maps transit mode

Chris Nusbaum via nabs-l nabs-l at nfbnet.org
Sun May 18 02:50:56 UTC 2014

Zach,

Though I do not use Google Maps on my iPhone, I am told that some
accessibility was broken in the latest release of Google Maps. In my limited
experience with the app I have found Google Maps to be generally confusing
and inefficient. Therefore, I would recommend the HopStop app for public
transportation trip planning. This app allows you to enter a starting and
ending address and the mode of transportation you would like to utilize
(subway, bus, etc.) Directions will then be given based on what you have
chosen. I find it very useful especially in cities whose public
transportation systems are unfamiliar to me.

Chris