[nabs-l] Tutoring SAT's

minh ha via nabs-l nabs-l at nfbnet.org
Sat May 24 17:32:35 UTC 2014

Hello all,

I am going to be volunteering as a SAT coach for Lets Get Ready, a non
profit that provides free SAT prep for low income high school
students. I'm really excited to do this as it will give me something
to do besides my internship. However, I'm just a little apprehensive
about the coaching part because the students are given the Princeton
SAT prep books to use with their coaches, and there is not a braille
version of the exact book that they are using. I'll be coaching the
verbal/writing portion of the SAT, and I was thinking of having the
students read me the questions, but listening to exam questions have
never been my strong suit, especially multiple choice. The curriculum
is pretty structured as well, so I can't change it up that much, but I
would appreciate any solutions you think might help me work with the
students.

Thanks,
Minh

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on
their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible." T. E. Lawrence