[nabs-l] Descriptive headsets for plays

Vejas via nabs-l nabs-l at nfbnet.org
Tue May 27 23:48:23 UTC 2014

Hi,
Although I have never used descriptive headphones before (because
someone has always been there to explain things to me), I do have
a suggesttion that you read up on the play ahead of time, on a
site such as Wikipedia.  Then you will know all about the
characters and what is going on.
Also, I have heard that the description from the headphones
blocks all other sounds, so it would be hard to hear the actual
play onstage because you'll be hearing the description from your
ears.
Vejas