[nabs-l] My journey towards independence

Carly Mihalakis carlymih at comcast.net
Thu Nov 6 13:11:11 UTC 2014

Good morning, Rona,

10 or so years ago, I became brain damaged after being struck by a
car. As a result, my brains are pretty scrambled for example, I have
a hard time with some short-term memory, remembering travel direction
so, thanks to my mail partner, I realize how interdependence is
another way. When you do things interdependently, you can be the
brain while you get someone to help with the heavy lifting (so to
speak), and that way works the best for me.
Sounds like, while it might be significant if radical independence
appeals to you, to stretch for those vistas but, you might give this
interdependence things a try, too. Like, Daddy might help with
executing some fascit of the trip which will, you remember, come via
your directives.
Most importantly, however,, try not to internalize not being
completely independent" perhaps, getting a little outside help. Aftr
all, you don't wanna be too militant--that's no fun!