[nabs-l] FW: Announcing the White House Fellows Program

Lewis, Anil ALewis at nfb.org
Thu Nov 6 15:18:37 UTC 2014

From: FN-WHO-Disability [mailto:Disability at who.eop.gov]
Sent: Wednesday, November 05, 2014 5:17 PM
To: FN-WHO-Disability
Subject: Announcing the White House Fellows Program

Dear Friends,

This week we were excited to announce the beginning of the application process for the White House Fellows Program.   This White House Fellows Program is one of the most prestigious programs for public service and leadership that we offer.  Applications for the program are now open.  Please feel free to forward this email widely to your networks and those you feel could be an asset to the program.

Best,

Taryn Mackenzie Williams
Associate Director | White House Office of Public Engagement
Tel: 202-456-3450 (Main)
Email: Taryn_M_Williams at who.eop.gov<mailto:Taryn_M_Williams at who.eop.gov>

[cid:image001.jpg at 01CFF91A.9523A1C0]
November 5, 2014

"In the 50 years since its founding, the White House Fellows Program has helped prove that those who love their country, can change it. Our Nation needs your drive and talent,
and we hope you consider applying to the program."
- President Obama and Mrs. Obama -

APPLY TO BE A WHITE HOUSE FELLOW!
We are pleased to support the White House Fellows program in announcing that the 2015-2016 White House Fellows application officially launched online<http://www.whitehouse.gov/about/fellows/application> on November 1, 2014! Open season is from November 1, 2014 to January 15, 2015. We thought this announcement would be of interest to you and your organization. Please help us spread the word!

Attached is a message from the President and First Lady encouraging promising Americans to apply<http://www.whitehouse.gov/about/fellows/application>. Also attached is some additional information regarding the White House Fellows program.

Fifty years ago, President Lyndon B. Johnson established the President's Commission on White House Fellowships and over the course of nine presidential administrations - four Democrat and five Republican - the nonpartisan White House Fellows program has become the nation's premier fellowship for public service and leadership. The program's mission is to expose Fellows to first-hand, high-level experience in the Federal government. The program consists of a full-time work placement in the offices of Cabinet Secretaries, senior White House staff, and other high-ranking Administration officials. During a year in Washington, DC, Fellows also participate in a robust education program designed to provide a behind-the-scenes look into the inner workings of the Federal government. It is an extraordinary year that yields a lifetime of rewards. Learn more about the White House Fellows program here<http://www.whitehouse.gov/about/fellows>.

Please feel free to share this message widely with your networks and contact the White House Fellows program at whitehousefellows at whf.eop.gov<mailto:whitehousefellows at whf.eop.gov> or 202-395-4522 with any questions.

[cid:image002.jpg at 01CFF91A.9523A1C0]<http://www.whitehouse.gov/about/fellows>
Apply online<http://www.whitehouse.gov/about/fellows/application> between November 1, 2014 and January 15, 2015
Learn more<http://www.whitehouse.gov/about/fellows> about the White House Fellowship
#WHFellows #BecomeaWHF #WHFellowsatFifty