[nabs-l] independence centers near me

Chris Nusbaum cnusbaumnfb at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 18:48:33 UTC 2014

Kayla,

I would suggest checking with your rehab agency. I'm not from IL and therefore can't vouch for any training center there. However, I know there are wonderful training centers operated by the NFB in Colorado, Minnesota and Louisiana. As a graduate of the Louisiana Center for the Blind (LCB,) I can say that the program is truely life-changing and would encourage you to look into it.

In case you don't already know, there is also a list for the Illinois affiliate on NFB-Net, the same server which hosts this list. Check nfbnet.org for more information. I think it's called IL-Talk, but I'm not certain. I would recommend subscribing if you haven't already.

Good luck and welcome to the Federation family!

Chris Nusbaum, Secretary
Maryland Association of Blind Students
Coordinator of Social Media, National Federation of the Blind of Maryland
Twitter: @Chrisn98, @MDMDABS, and @NFBMD

"The National Federation of the Blind knows that blindness is not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Every day we raise the expectations of blind people,  because low expectations create obstacles between blind people and our dreams. You can live the life you want; blindness need not hold you back." -National Federation of the Blind One Minute Message