[nabs-l] Using a credit/debit card

Jorge Paez jorgeapaez1994 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 23:49:46 UTC 2014

Yes.
Apple Pay basically allows you to ID with your Touch ID setup, and
then connect via something similar to Bluetooth, I believe its called
RF, or infared, to the machine in question, and the iPhone sends the
info to the machine machine encrypted.
The thing is it has to be a special receiver, which is what makes me
guess the information is encrypted, and also, you have to have both an
iPhone 6 and a Chase Bank account.
And, for those of you who are worried about someone getting your number,
I should point out that there have been infa-red attacks from pretty
far away, using infared devices to read your entire number and
security info on credit cards.
So the simplest way--aka your caasheer seing the info isn't usually unsafe.
And, the casheer doesn't even seethe info now adays anyway.