[nabs-l] rehab centers

Mark J. Cadigan kramc11 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 17:35:43 UTC 2014

I can tell you as a Bostonian that the Carroll center is complete rubbish.
They are only interested in money, and the quality of the training is
slipping drastically. Also, they believe in the hierarchy of sight, treating
students with more useable vision better than students with less. Also, it
costs significantly more to send a student to the Carroll center than it
does to send a student to any of the NFB Centers.

The Carroll center is extremely paternalistic not allowing students to go
places on there own without permission, not allowing students to have
friends of opposite gender in the dorm room even if both parties are adults,
they do not permit students to drink even off campus, and a host of other
policies that really irritate me.

Another point to consider is the Carroll uses so called Traditional methods
instead of the structured discovery method used by the NFB centers. I
personally believe that I received far superior training from BLIND Inc.
than the Carroll center having attended both at different points in my life.

HTH

Mark