[nabs-l] Unrealistic expectations

Alyssa alyssahenson95 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 20:44:16 UTC 2014

Hi NABS!
I'm writing in need of some advice. I received an email earlier from my math instructor which troubled me. My class has 5 different sections, some with different one truffles, but all under one coordinator who writes the final exam for the class. My instructor told her about me and another blind student in the class. This class is basically for education majors to learn how to teach elementary math, and some of these topics are visual. For example, it is required to draw pictures. My instructor asked the coordinator if these questions can be substituted. She said she refused to make any accommodations on the test. She is convinced the disability office can somehow fix it. Their track record with me isn't the greatest and I somehow don't think they can give me vision and artistic ability. I feel the class coordinator is being unreasonable. Is there anything I can do to put a stop to this? Have any of you had similar problems? How did you resolve them?
Best,
Alyssa

Sent from my iPhone