[nabs-l] Grade deductions for visual mistakes

kcj21 kcj21 at bellsouth.net
Wed Nov 19 06:24:07 UTC 2014

Hello all,
      When writing a paper, I have Zoomtext Appreader read my paper aloud and I use Spell Check. However, occasionally, there are small formatting mistakes that I don't notice. Unfortunately, I usually get a slight grade reduction for these visual mistakes. Once, I got points off because I had two periods and recently, I lost a few points because my paragraph wasn't indented, but it was definitely separated from the previous paragraph. What do you guys do in these circumstances. Should I explain these visual mistakes to my professor?

Best,
Kaley