[nabs-l] A Question for the College Students

Joshua Hendrickson louvins at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 16:38:06 UTC 2014

Hi to Chris and all.  I agree with a lot of what has already been
stated.  Do not be afraid to ask for the help you need in completing
your class assignments, and doing things like taking tests.  Also,
while in college, I'd suggest learning the routes to your classes as
soon as you can.  For the first couple years in college, I found
students or other teachers to take me to where I needed to go.  I wish
I hadn't done this.  When I finally learned my routes mainly because I
wanted to do so, things became a lot easier.  If you know the way to
your classes and other buildings on campus, you can just go very
easily to where ever you need to go.  You don't have to try and find
someone to help you find a certain class, and worry that you might be
late for the beginning of a lecture.  Also, if your college has a
tutoring service, I'd suggest taking full advantage of it.  Tutoring
is how I was able to make it through my college math classes.  Also
working on independent living skills is also a very good thing to work
on.  I wish I had worked on this more.  Good luck.  It is a great
thing to have a list where students can ask advice of one another.