[nabs-l] Bookshare

Kaiti Shelton crazy4clarinet104 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 14:13:58 UTC 2014

Oddly enough, it also wasn't compatible with the BrailleNote line of
notetakers, but they fixed that, unless the reason for it not working
was different... call me a cynic, but it seems like we know which
company is paying Bookshare more money.  :)

I've been working around this by just downloading the books to my SD
card from my laptop and putting the SD card back into the
BrailleSense.  It's slightly less convenient, but it isn't a terrible
hassle; I have had Bookshare since before the BrailleSense was around,
so I really don't mind taking the extra time.

What I do mind is that the new site had problems with both major lines
of notetakers, and Bookshare saw fit to only remedy the problems for
one line of product.  I know that the BrailleSense line has become
more popular in the past several years, so why they wouldn't make the
site work for both so all can have notetaker access to downloads just
doesn't make sense to me.

On 11/25/14, Karl Martin Adam via nabs-l <nabs-l at nfbnet.org> wrote:
> Hi Cherry,
>
> Bookshare is no longer compatible with the BrailleSense as of the
> update to there website a few weeks ago, or at least that's what
> it says on their page about what's new with the new website.
>
> Best,
> Karl

Kaiti