[nabs-l] Introduction And a Question

Chaim B. Segal chaimsegal at sbcglobal.net
Wed Nov 26 05:15:22 UTC 2014

Greetings!

my name is Chaim Segal, and I live in Kettering Ohio, part of the Greater Metropolitan Dayton, Ohio area. I am 46 years old, and, a little late in the game, have decided to settle on obtaining a bachelors in rehabilitation services. I attend school at Wright State University, and am employed part-time at Sinclair Community College.

I am in the process of writing a research paper, and have not had to use MS Word to the maximum for this purpose yet. Can somebody please tell me what the correct process is for inserting footnotes? A computer tech who set up my work computer gave me a list of shortcut keys, so I know that alt-control-F is used to insert a footnote, and alt-shift-I is used for a citation indication. I am a good way into my essay, but am fearing I have done something wrong. The only time I heard JAWS say the word "footnote", was the first time I pressed the alt-control-F conbo. I've noticed that even though I can type fine, it seems that the computer is a bit sluggish, suggesting that I am trying to put something into a field as oppose to straight writing. I need some experienced feedback on this.

While I'm at it, what are the exact keystrokes to insert page numbering on the top-right corner of a page? I've discovered how to insert a page number, but cannot figure out what to do beyond that. I think the ribbon system is a little goofy.

Thanks:

Chaim

Chaim B. Segal
Customer Service Representative
Sinclair Community College
E-mail: chaimsegal at sbcglobal.net

Every man, woman, every boy and girl,
Let your love light shine, make a better world.
[Daryl Hall & John Oates