[nabs-l] President for the student division

Karl Martin Adam kmaent1 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 20:35:29 UTC 2014

Hi Shikha,

Why do you want to run for president of the student division?
It's very unusual for someone who isn't on the board of an
organization to start out working with that organization by
running for president.  Perhaps you could consider running for
one of the board member positions and serve for a couple years
before running for president.  If you did that you'd be able to
see what the duties of the president are by observing the
president you're working with.  Also, just a point of advice, I
would never vote for someone who based their candidacy on the
fact that they're opponent didn't know a pledge.  That's
completely irrelevant to whether someone can do a good job as
president.  A good candidate is involved with the organization
they want to serve on the board of enough to know what the duties
of the position they're running for are and has something they
want to accomplish on the board beyond just being on the board.