[nabs-l] Feeling faces: a myth or true?

Joshua Hendrickson louvins at gmail.com
Sun Oct 5 04:23:19 UTC 2014

Hello.  This is an interesting topic.  I've very rarely touched
someone's face.  I have done a couple times if they were a close
friend, or a girl friend.  To me, it would be weird asking people who
I'd just met if I could touch their face.  Also, in today's society I
think most people even if they would let a blind person touch their
face would feel very unconfortable going through that experience.  I
think the only people I might do it would be either my wife, or close
family members.  I am currently attending a training center in Chicago
where many of the adults are newly blinded, or haven't been blind very
long.  No one at the center to my knowledge has touched each others
face, I know I've never been asked if someone could touch my face
while being at the center.