[nabs-l] Reading bookshare books with apex

Sophie Trist sweetpeareader at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 01:45:12 UTC 2014

Amanda, you can type in the find field in a BRF file on a QT. The
trick is that you have to type as if the QT were a braille
keyboard. Some of the home row keys act as braille dots. S
becomes dot 3, D becomes dot 2, F becomes dot 1, J=4, K=5, and
L=6. So say you wanted to find the word dog in a BRF file, you
would press Read+F for find, then press either F or B for forward
or back, then type dog in braille, 1-4-5 (F, J, K), 1-3-5 (F, S,
K), 1-2-4-5 (F, D, Jk, K.) Hope this helps!

Yours,
Sophie