[nabs-l] Questions About Purchasing/using a traditionalblindness notetaker vs a braille display paired with an I-Device

Sophie Trist sweetpeareader at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 14:10:00 UTC 2014

I have to disagree that a braille display/iPhone is more
portable. As Matthew said, it's two devices rather than one. This
makes it less portable in my opinion. Granted, a braill notetaker
is extremely expensive, but I think it's worth the investment,
especially if you can get rehab to get it for you. A braillenote
can serve as a braille display for the iPhone, a function I've
found useful, but it can also act independently. If you want to
write a note, you don't have to bother connecting your display
and iPhone. You can just open up your notetaker and jot something
down.