[nabs-l] Questions About Purchasing/using a traditional blindnessnotetaker vs a braille display paired with an I-Device

Kayla Weathers brailleprincess at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 16:08:36 UTC 2014

On 10/10/14, Roanna Bacchus via nabs-l <nabs-l at nfbnet.org> wrote:
> Hi Kerri thanks for your message.  I have a BrailleNote Apex from
> Humanware that Dbs purchased for me before I started college.  I
> find that it is great for taking notes during classes or
> meetings.  It also works well with reading books that are
> downloaded from bookshare.  I have it paired with my IPad Mini
> and it works really well.

> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nabs-l_nfbnet.org/brailleprincess%40gmail.com

Hi Kerri,
One option that you might consider is a device such as the new
VarioUltra   braille display/note taker from Baum Retec. It was
featured at National Convention, and from what I’ve read it looks
pretty promising. You can find more information about it by visiting:
http://www.baumusa.com/braille-solutions/varioultra.html
Hope this helps.
Best, Kayla