[nabs-l] Questions about Pages

Chris Nusbaum dotkid.nusbaum at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 01:37:04 UTC 2014

Hi Everyone,

So I've started to use Pages and AccessNote on my iPhone for
wordprocessing for school.  Tonight I encountered two issues,
both of which are probably matters of a beginner missing
something, but which are causing me to take much more time on my
homework than it should.  I know many students are abandoning the
old notetakers for Braille displays and iOS devices, so there
must be workarounds for these.

First, is there a quick way to navigate between 2 documents in
which I am working? For example, if I am answering questions
based on an article, how can I switch quickly between the article
and the questions without losing my place in either? Currently
I'm having to go back to the home screen of the app, find the
document, scan down to find my place, then edit it.  Doing this
many times is making homework take forever.  There must be a
shortcut, but I'm missing it.  Any tips?

Also, I noticed today that, when I'm trying to edit something on
the second page of a document, the second page does not show when
I double tap on its text field.  Instead, my cursor is focused on
the first page again and the second page is not even visible.  I
called Apple and attempted to talk with their accessibility
department, but I'm not sure who they transferred me to.  They're
stumped, so I'm hoping you guys can enlighten me.  Thanks in
advance for any help you can give.

Chris