[nabs-l] An Update on my independence

Elif Emir filerime at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 13:40:22 UTC 2014

Keep it up. Pretty soon you'll get used to it and being alone will
turn into something which is super normal to you.
I started using my cane at the age of 22. At first it was extremely
difficult. The difficulty was in my brain, in practicle it was not
that much horrible.
Then I got used to it, now I never give up using my cane. It's my ever
best friend. It comes everywhere with me.
Feeling independent is the most wonderful emotion for me. I don't
afraid being alone, losing my parents, having an argument with my
friends or ending a relationship anymore. I mean not more than any
regular person. Because I don't feel I have to be with them to live.
So independence= fredom+self-compatency+ more healthy relationships+
lower anxiety.
It worths to use a cane.
Keep posting here. I love hearing from you.