[nabs-l] Inquiring if anyone has taken a Geology course

Karl Martin Adam kmaent1 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 21:27:48 UTC 2014

Hi Jonathan,

I did take a course in environmental geology.  It involved both
lecture and labs, and I had to have an assistant for some of the
labs involving chemical testing of the checking what color things
tern variety and also for the labs that involved looking at maps
and aerial photographs.  My professor was great and did a lot of
describing things.  One thing I would say is that it's important
to get someone competent to prepare your text book and describe
all the pictures, graphs, charts, and maps.  It's also very
important to talk to your professor ahead of time and find out
what sorts of assignments the labs will be.  Identifying rocks is
totally doable with our four senses, and of course the theory
part of the class shouldn't be harder for you than anyone else.

Best,
Karl