[nabs-l] high school question

Karl Martin Adam kmaent1 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 20 10:54:50 UTC 2014

Hi Carly,

I appreciate that you don't want to here about exceptions to your
claim, but I think it just isn't true.  High school might be
different--I was a homeschooler, so I wouldn't know--but for
those of us in college or who have jobs outside of the blindness
industry the vast majority of people we come in contact with are
sighted, and thus there really isn't opportunity to be segregated
to hang out with just the blind people.  Making long term friends
is hard for everyone whether blind or sighted and may well be
harder for us, but since the vast majority of people that an
employed or in school blind person becomes acquainted with are
sighted, the vast majority of people who go from being
acquaintances to friends are typically sighted as well.

Best,
Karl