[nabs-l] Voting in the Upcoming November Election

Arielle Silverman arielle71 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 31 00:19:52 UTC 2014

Even though my parents and I have similar politics, I'd feel
uncomfortable having them record my ballots. I trust that they'd write
down what I want them too, but I'd be concerned that if we did
disagree, I would feel pressured to lean my vote their way. For
similar reasons, I don't like having them help me fill out forms or
read things to me unless it's the only option. For example, once I was
filling out a study-abroad form with my mom as reader, and my mom
pressured me to disclose blindness earlier in the process than I
wanted to.
Arielle