[nabs-l] The Importance Of Independent Travel

Yadiel Sotomayor yadosoto at gmail.com
Mon Sep 1 14:20:35 UTC 2014

I don’t think comparing yourself with your self is a bad thing. I do it all the time. It removes all the barriers. Will a sighted me go on the airport alone? Yes? Then why I don’t give it a try. Will a sighted me learn Python? Yes? Then why not give it a try. Will a sighted me walk to the corner store in an area without sidewalks? Yes? Then why not me. See where I’m going with this? It is not a matter of getting depressed, and trust me, I know about depression. Being clinically depressed myself. It is a matter of, if I weren’t blind, will I be doing this? If the answer is yes, then why the blind me can’t do it? I want to be the best freaking person I can possibly can. That involves me putting myself in very uncomfortable situations. But I am glad for it.