[nabs-l] OpenBook Question

Katie Wang bunnykatie6 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 00:33:32 UTC 2014

Hi Miso,

Yes, OpenBook does convert image-based pdfs (e.g., scanned documents)
into text, which you can save as a Word, .rtf, or .txt document. It is
manufactured by Freedom Scientific, the same company that carries
JAWS. If you are still in high school, you should talk to your TVI or
whoever is in charge of your assistive technology needs. If you are in
college, VR should be able to purchase it for you - Just ask your
counselor and explain why you need the software (in addition to
converting pdfs, OpenBook also works with a scanner, which makes
accessing  printed copies of documents much easier). Hope this helps!

Katie