[nabs-l] Unachievable or Unwanted: Why Is ACE Opposed to Accessibility Guidelines? | National Federation of the Blind

Sofia Gallo gopgirl73 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 19:40:44 UTC 2014

I think the ACE statement would be more valid if they explained how
the proposal harms those it is trying to help and how it is an
impossible mandate.

The idea that proposals that are meant to help a specific group ends
up harming them is not impossible and it has happened before, and
impossible mandates are common when it comes to government
regulations, but if ACE doesn't elaborate, then the statement makes no
sense to me and does make it sound like they are opposed to accessible
technology.

Sofia