[nabs-l] where to start

Lillie Pennington lilliepennington at fuse.net
Mon Sep 22 20:29:26 UTC 2014

Hi Precious,

I am basically in the same situation as you right now. First as others have
suggested, if you tell us what you are interested in, don't want to go, and
where you do want to go (if you have a preference), we may be able to give
you contacts to talk to.
What I have done to start my list of schools is to google accredited
socialwork schools in Kentucky. If you are considering teaching or something
with accreditation this may help you; if not, then you could use tools like
career cruise (which I have a subscription through thanks to my public
library), big future, or other college finders.

Also, a book I would recommend, even if you are not a b student is b+grades,
a application. I found this book extremely helpful.

If your guidance counselor is approachable, I would recommend trying to set
up an appointment.
Also, the PSAT is a little under a month away (October 15th for me) so if
you are not registered and don't have college board accomidations approved,
I would recommend getting those done ASAP and trying to get a braille
practice test or some other review materials.

HTH