[nabs-l] powerpoint question on embedding objects or videos

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 23 06:09:57 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I’d like to enhance my presentation with audio clips, videos from youtube and hyperlinks.
I’ve learned how to do some of this from the internet. For creating hyperlinks, it seems easy; it’s a matter of selecting the text you want as a link and clicking on hyperlink in the context menu and then adding what to link to. For videos, I learned that if you click on the shared button in youtube, then embed, plus  a few more steps, you can embed it in your presentation.

So, I’ve learned this.

Unfortunately, I think it is inaccessible.

Will jaws or any screen reader recognize hyperlinks, sound clips, or embedded objects which are videos?

If so, how?

So far it seems to ignore them as if the hyperlinks and embedded objects are not there. Yet, I see them, so I know I did this correctly. Your hyperlink is a different color if done right. If jaws fails to see them, I cannot click on them with the keyboard.
I rarely use the mouse and I’m not sure my eyes will be able to see and track the mouse arrow to click on anything.

I sure hope there is a way for hyperlinks to work. I know they do when reading word files, so I just assumed they would work in powerpoint.

I use version 2010. Thanks for any help!

Ashley