[nabs-l] state rehab services requirements

Abigail Bolling violingirl30794 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 18:28:19 UTC 2015

Hi all,
I have a problem I wanted to get some opinions on!
I am a client of Ohio's rehab services.
There is a monthly update report that I am required to complete every month to give my case worker an update as to how I am doing in school.
I was told about this manditory report in August of 2014. But, I was never given the report. due to pressing issues at school, I forgot about the report all together.
A few months later, in December of 2014, I was told again that I had to complete this report. I asked my counselor for  an accessible version of the report template. I did not receive anything for a few weeks.
I sent emails and called the office of my counselor, but never got an answer. Finally, on this past monday, I received an answer (after my mother took it upon herself to call and complain.) I was told that my case worker was on medical leave and didn't know when she would be able to come back.
I was also given an image file of the report template. I replied to this email by telling the substitute case worker telling her that this was not accessible, or acceptable.
The reply I received was that they would have to mail me printed versions of the template.
To me, this option is not acceptable. And the agency, I feel is taking my ability for independence away from me.
What if I don't have a scanner? and am not able to scan in said paperwork? I could have my parents or roommate read it to me, but should it be their responsibility to do that?
I think not.
But I want to know what you think.
I have a call in to Disability rights of Ohio already and am waiting for a reply there.
Thank you all for your time and I look forward to reading your replys.

Abigail Bolling

Wright State University-2019: Social Work

"Keep a smile on your face and a song in your heart, and just let the music play." (Julie Anderson Diamond)