[nabs-l] Making the transition from elementary school to iddle school

Roanna Bacchus rbacchus228 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 13:43:20 UTC 2015

Dear Students,

As another school year comes to a close I'd like to discuss the
transition from elementary to middle school.  When I was in
elementary school my TVI transcribed my assignments so that my
sighted teachers could read them.  This happened until the start
of my eighth grade year when I received my first BrailleNote.  I
was able to hand in my assignments along with my sighted peers
which amazed them.  At the end of my fifth-dgrade year I visited
the middle school so that I could learn the layout and meet my
teachers.  They also held a meeting with my mom before school tbn
to discuss my transition and the different approaches that they
would use with me.  I'd like to hear about your transitions from
elementary to middle school.