[nabs-l] Purchasing Braille Displays VS. Braille Note taking Devices

Joshua Hendrickson louvins at gmail.com
Sun Apr 12 02:04:59 UTC 2015

Hi Jordan.  When I was getting my associates degree, I used a pacmate
a little to use the calculator during math tests.  I sold it a few
months ago since I never used it.  I would go with a braille-sense U2
as a notetaker.  I'm on a braille note users list and I've also read
several articles online comparing the U2 with the braille-note apex,
and all the info I cold find says the u2 is better.  The U2 is being
updated much more frequently then the apex, and certain programs like
using the u2 for emaling is better then the apex.  The u2 also has
things like a dropbox program which might make it easy to get teachers
your assignments.  Good luck on your decision.
Always do research when making such a big step in purchasing assistive
technology.  I learned that the hard way.