[nabs-l] No Braille? No Literacy!

Carly Mihalakis carlymih at comcast.net
Sun Apr 26 17:26:19 UTC 2015

Good morning, Mabelin,

         For me, the opposite has been true, with my trusting
Ol'Sighty to interpret for me what I do not experience for myself, in
the absence of an ocular input, since, of course, in order to
"educate" Ol'Sighty as to our needs, we ought not waste resources on
all kind of tech crap, just so we can claim we gained access to which
ever material, "independently.""
I believe this is how it oughta be, I know that in some situations, I
have functioning arms, legs and ears. I can also type albeit  most
people, nowadays also type but we don't need a computer to perform
those tasks with which a functioning pair of peepers can  help. I do
not feel personally comfortable lecturing to Ol'Sighty about my
abilities because I know that a most direct avenue of education is
demonstration, action.
Car

put on all documents that we blind folk receive. Because think about
this for a minute, we won't always have sighted peers around us.