[nabs-l] wanting to learn to sign with a sighted friend

Bridget Walker bridgetawalker13 at aol.com
Mon Apr 27 01:17:23 UTC 2015

Hi Sam,
I have been learning ASL for three years and love it.
I usually have to feel the signs. I do this by placing my hands over the other person's hands carefully. Sometimes I can pick up the motion of larger signs and I can get the idea. If not I have to feel it.
To actually learn ASL so you can sign back you can have someone probably the girl would be best because she knows to manipulate your hands for you. That way you don't have to touch another person. You just have to be ok with being touched. I like this method much better.
Some YouTube videos are very descriptive along with apps for iOS. I know bookshare has an ASL book as well.
I hope this helps.
Bridget

Sent from my iPad