[nabs-l] is anyone on here studying to become a family therapist?

Elizabeth Mohnke lizmohnke at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 29 13:09:48 UTC 2015

Hello Vejas,

Please forgive me for citing the incorrect name for the division you should
check out. But the Human Services Division is definitely the division you
will want to check out. The social worker I know here in Michigan is a part
of this division, and I would be more than happy to put you in touch with
her if you have any interest in connecting with her.

As for your questions about the LCB, as far as I know, students generally
stay in the same apartment during the duration of their training.

Students are responsible for all meals including breakfast, lunch, and
dinner. Students can either bring a lunch from their apartment to eat at the
training center, or they can get it from nearby restaurants. I believe the
only exception to this rule is when someone is making a large meal as part
of the requirements for cooking class. This meal is typically served during
lunch to all students and staff at the training center.

Ruston is a small town, so transportation options will probably be more
limited than what you may be used to in a bigger city. It is easy for people
to walk around town, and students are expected to walk to and from the
student apartments and the training center. However, I believe there are a
few cab companies you can use when walking is less desirable. I am sure
other students and staff members would be more than willing to provide you
with more specific information once you arrive to the training center.

I hope this message answers your questions about what to expect during your
training at LCB. However, when I went there to visit the training center for
a week, I found the staff and students to be rather friendly and were
willing to answer any questions I had about the training center or the city
of Ruston. I wish you the best of luck in your training at LCB.

Warm regards,
Elizabeth