[nabs-l] question for those who attended LCB

Arielle Silverman arielle71 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 18:56:05 UTC 2015

Hi Vejas. I attended LCB in 2008. There are a couple of cab companies
that everyone uses to get to places that are not walkable. The cab
fares are low because Ruston is so small. You do have to buy your own
groceries and prepare your own meals. The exception is about once a
week or so, a student at the center will prepare a meal for everyone
as their final cooking requirement, and you are encouraged to partake
of their meal. There are several restaurants within walking distance
for lunch and an hour is designated for lunch so students will often
go out, though of course that can get expensive. The center is located
about a half-mile walk from the apartments. There is a van provided by
the center for anyone who is unable to walk that distance due to
another disability, or to use temporarily until you are comfortable
with the route. You will also be assigned a mentor when you arrive who
can help you learn the route and will tell you other things about
getting around. Best of luck and feel free to ask any other questions
as you think of them.
Best, Arielle