[nabs-l] Work study

Kaiti Shelton crazy4clarinet104 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 04:16:44 UTC 2015

Hi,

I've had two different work study jobs so far.  The first was a
computer lab monitor in my music department and the second is a web
accessibility consultant position where I work with the E-learning
office.  I'm basically a beta tester there and only work a little bit
when they need me, but I enjoy it.  I interviewed for a position back
in May for the following semester, but as I was the first to interview
and 6 spots need to be filled, plus most students were away from
campus for the summer, I may or may not get the job and may or may not
start right away this semester.  In any case, if I do get it I'll be
answering phones and acting as a receptionist in the DS office.

I highly recommend work study.  I made a little extra cash when I had
the computer monitor job, and it was nice because I basically used it
to pay for groceries each month without dipping into my SSI funds.  I
made a small enough amount that it didn't hurt my benefits, but it was
a help to me.  I also enjoyed the work and the experience of working
and contributing to university society.  And, as others have said, now
I've had a few jobs that I can put on my resume for later.  after I
graduate.