[nabs-l] Science lab accommodations

Karl Martin Adam kmaent1 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 13:01:17 UTC 2015

Hi Briana,

I would definitely suggest you request a lab assistant to do such
things as look through the microscope and describe what they see,
read the answers on color based chemical tests, etc.  You might
also talk to your professor and the DSS office at your school
about obtaining models of the organs, organisms, cells, etc. that
you'll be studying.  You probably also want to request power
point presentations be given to you ahead of time so you can have
the DSS office or a friend describe the pictures and charts to
you.  Probably the best thing you can do is sit down with your
professor and ask what the labs in the semester will involve and
talk about how they can be made accessible.

Best,
Karl