[nabs-l] Gmail and Google Hangouts

Cindy Bennett clb5590 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 19:55:59 UTC 2015

Hi,

I use Windows and am interested to hear peoples' preferred method of
using Hangouts. I am still having some trouble with using it as I
still prefer the basic html view of mail, and I have to go to a
separate page to use Hangouts rather than view my mail and chat
conversations at the same time. I also have multiple Gmail accounts
and switch back and forth pretty regularly. I cannot be logged in to
multiple accounts with the basic HTML view, so I am also curious to
hear from anyone who uses the standard view for Gmail and recommends I
begin using that view instead. I use JAWS and NVDA, and I have an
iPhone so was also considering setting up Hangouts there and seeing if
I could get notifications similar to a text when I receive a chat
message.

Most people in my graduate program talk on chat via Google Hangouts
all day including takling about projects and scheduling meetings, and
I would like to be more a part of these conversations.

Thanks,

--
Cindy Bennett
1st Year Ph.D. Student, University of Washington

Treasurer of the National Federation of the Blind of Washington
an Affiliate of the National Federation of the Blind

clb5590 at gmail.com