[nabs-l] Question About Using Jaws on a Shared/Work Computer...

Kerri Kosten kerrik2006 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 21:56:17 UTC 2015

Hi Everyone:
I might have a job opportunity that requires using a computer at an office.
For those of you who have Jaws installed on a work PC or if you have
done an internship or something where you had to use Jaws on a shared
computer what is the best and most convenient way to do it?
When I worked at the radio station, I installed Jaws via the DVD but
now I've been told there is a USB dongle where you just insert it into
any USB port and it comes on?
Do a lot of you use one of these? Is it worth my purchasing?
I've tried googling about it and can't find much info.
How does it work? Do you just insert the USB into any USB port and it comes on?
What about when there is a new version of Jaws? Do you have to
purchase a new dongle or do they send you one automatically?
Have you found the dongle to be more easy/convenient for using a
shared computer than installing via the DVD?
I'm just trying to ask now in advance so if I need to purchase a
dongle I can do so right away.
Thanks,
Kerri