[nabs-l] question about printers

Kaiti Shelton crazy4clarinet104 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 01:14:39 UTC 2015

I used HP Deskjets and liked them well enough, but as Aleeha has said
the printers are out of date and this was a few years ago.  I doubt
that they have been updated much since I used a printer for the last
time in high school.

I'd suggest looking through the list of printers on the unit.  I
forget how exactly you get there but if I remember correctly you go
into word processor, hit P once, then go into the settings.  I'm sure
if you poke around long enough in there you'll find it.  I'd also
recommend consulting Humanware over the phone or looking up a web page
through Google to see if it exists on the site-it probably does
somewhere.

On the other hand, I have to tell you I've rarely printed anything in
my 4 years of college as most professors also prefer electronic copies
of work.  Not only does it make our lives exponentially easier to have
files that we can easily organize instead of print sheets of paper,
but it also makes their lives easier, too as they don't have to worry
about losing it as much.  The vast majority of universities use
blackboard, canvas, or some similar platform to collect work
electronically as well.  I know sighted students who don't even own
printers because they feel like they never use one, and when they do
need one paying 10 cents per page at the library isn't a big deal.
College can be expensive, so this is just something to take into
consideration if you want to spend the money on other things.